Thursday, February 7, 2013

Four Kicks by The Crowned Heads


I have been fortunate enough to parlay my love for the leaf into, what is in my humble opinion, a noble way to show your appreciation and allegiance to iconic cigar brands.  

It is because of www.customcigarbandrings.com that I was able to introduce myself to Jon Huber (over 4 years ago) and he actually got me to believe my venture was a viable one.

I recently decided to make a concerted effort into promoting my rings, and of course the first man I reached out to was Jon Huber, now at The Crowned Heads.  In his endless kindness he sent me a box of Four Kicks, and my review goes something like this:

Picture a place where the hills roll gently with grass as soft as a lush, padded carpet.  A place where the breeze always blows at the perfect pace, enough to keep you cool, but not mess your hair.  A place where the drink is always cold, and the sun is always warm.  And of course a place where the cigar, oh the cigar, is always flavorful, easy to draw and gets better with every puff!



That is what happens to me each time I light up a Four Kicks cigar.  I am being serious when I say that this is a cigar I could smoke all day long, and never grow tired of it.  It is a rare blend of sweetness and flavor, easy to draw and good to the last puff.

I want to turn my friends on to it, but I don’t want to give up any of my own stash, (if you know what I mean). I’ve never really hoarded cigars before, but Four Kicks is as close to a Cuban as I’ve had in a very long time.  In fact ‘Cubanesque’ is a great way to describe this amazing smoke.

I found out recently that the master behind the blend is none other than Ernesto Perez-Carrillo, the Godfather of boutique cigars, the Cigar Aficionado Hall of Fame Class of 2012 inductee, the maker of EPC Cigars, Four Kicks, and the top rated cigar of 2012, the Headley Grange (which I’ve still yet to try…hard to get!).

It’s another award for another masterpiece.  Definitely my new ‘go-to’ cigar right now, and for the foreseeable future.  If you see it in the store, buy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment