Saturday, April 27, 2013

Believe the Hype! New 'Big Delicious' cigar by Room 101 Delivers Bigggg!

I had the distinct pleasure last night of attending the release party for the new creation by the hands of two of our industry's true pioneers Matt Booth (aka Swanky White) of Room 101 Cigars and Abe 'Ming' Dababneh (aka Big Delicious) owner of The Smoke Inn.



I give Abe all the credit for being a successful retailer in a time when most retailers are struggling to keep up with performance of prior years, let alone grow and prosper.  In this 'internet' age with many cigar sales going to the biggest discounter, Abe has managed to provide a smoking experience, that keeps customers coming back.

It's this type of dedication that I'm sure led Abe to partner with none other than Matt Booth to create a cigar that I believe is perfect for the mature cigar smoker that likes to get put on his ass every now and then!  First off, Matt Booth is a creative genius, artist, jewelry designer and if you ask me, looks a little like Robert Downey Jr. in Ironman.  It seems that whatever Matt puts his hands on, the outcome is pretty special.



This Big Delicious cigar is no exception.  I picked up a few sticks last night at the release party, and waited until the Knicks game got underway to spark it up.

Country of Origin: Honduras
Factory: Tabacos Rancho Jamastran
Wrapper: Ecuadoran Habano 2000
Binder: Honduran Corojo Seco
Filler: Brazil, Domincan Republic Ligero, Honduran Corojo & Nicaragua.



It has that unfinished tip that makes it appear like some of the tobacco is falling out.  Not sure the story behind this style, not even sure if you're supposed to just light it that way, or trim that off to be honest - I flicked some of it off with my finger, then gave it a good cut and went to work!

This cigar had what I look for in a good smoke right away.  The draw was easy, and a lot of smoke came out the other end.  Enough smoke sometimes to make your eyes water (happy tears!).  There was a good amount of spicy flavor and earthy components to let you know that you were smoking something special, and by the looks of it, was going to last a long time.



I got through the first 2/3rds and thought I was doing pretty good, enjoying the flavors, and having a good time. Then on the last third the cigar really slowed down.  I didn't have to fight with it to draw, it just forced you to take your time with it.  I did give it a slightly bigger cut (started with a v-cut), and then boom, it came right back to life and finished off like a champ.

It actually left me reeling a little bit, which hasn't happened in a while.  I guess I was so excited to smoke this for the first time, that I may have puffed a little faster and deeper than this cigar warrants.  It's all good, a little dizzy from a good cigar is worth it every time!

Another micro-blend success from the man that is continuing the cigar journey like not other!  Great job to Abe, Matt Booth, and everyone involved in bringing this stick to life.  Big D is in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment