Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Smoke Inn 'Continuing the Cigar Journey Like No Other!

I moved to Boynton Beach from New York 8 years ago.  When I moved I realized there were some compromises I was going to have to make when I left the Big City behind.  One that I was sure of was not being able to visit all of the great cigar bars and cigar shops the tri-state area had to offer - but boy was I wrong!

Let me introduce you to Abe 'Ming' Dababneh owner of The Smoke Inn, and a sneak peek into his newest store (number 11 so far) and his new headquarters in Boynton Beach, Florida - just a few blocks from where I live!!!!



Abe is a stickler for details, and it has never been more obvious than with the grand opening of his new flagship store.  Starting in 1996 Abe likes to say that he is 'continuing the cigar journey like no other', and one step into this magnificent shop and you'll have to agree.

It was with great anticipation that I awaited this grand opening, especially being just a few blocks away from where I call home.  I would drive by everyday and peek in on the progress, but I never expected what I saw when they opened the doors for the first time.

Having worked with Abe a bit, I know how engrossed he is with every detail of the operation.  It's easy to see why he has been so successful and keeps growing his brand.  From The Great Smoke - a yearly event that draws upwards of 1,500 cigar lovers (easily the best cigar event in Florida) and now, his own line of cigars in 'Big Delicious' (soon to launch)- which I have yet to try, everything Abe does is first class.

As you walk in the shop your senses are completely overwhelmed, and I'm sure the wow factor is the same for everyone who experiences this place for the first time.  Even before you walk in, the grounds out front have beautiful benches and tables with umbrellas, as well as two large sectional outdoor couches to relax on.


The first thing you see when you walk in is a gorgeous square glass check-out counter stocked with all the cigar accessories one can imagine.  I was greeted by Lindsay and Adam, who are expert cigar aficionados, able to point you in the right direction.

To the right was a cozy-ish area with plush leather seats and the first of many flat screen TV's.  Just to the right of that were a few round counter tops with stools for those who are maybe in larger groups.  Keep walking around the counter and you find 'le piece de resistance'...the walk in humidor.  Not only is it gigantic, but it's impeccably clean and well-organized.  If you can't find your favorite stick here, you're probably not alive.

On the left of the counter, more plush seating, counter tops, TV's and then....the bar.  I hate to even call it a 'bar' it just doesn't do it justice.  Marble, and leather and hand scrapped hard wood floors, stocked with all top shelf liquor and the most beautiful bar tenders in the county.

I'm not exaggerating when I say this new Smoke Inn location has it all, and then some.  I feel like an undeserving Herfer who doesn't know what to do with my new found fortune!  Abe "Ming" has absolutely done it again.  Thank you sir for your commitment to cigar excellence, and may you and your staff continue to prosper!




1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for giving this sort of article with us. I essentially ought to be known around the extraordinary qualities of a joint case. I cherish to carry an astonishing joint case with me since I can hotshot with it conjointly I as well can ensure my joint with this brilliant case. Best Preroll packaging

    ReplyDelete