Saturday, December 1, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me, a gift of CLE Corojo!


On November 28th, I turned 43.  Interestingly enough, I did not start smoking cigars until I was 27, and now enjoy about a cigar a day.

I was very happy to receive a 4-pack of Rocky Patel edge from light to maduro, a RP Vintage, an Illusione but the treat of the gifts came in a little known cigar called CLE Corojo!

This medium brown stick is one of the latest offerings from Christin Eiroa's new company CLE Cigars.  I visited the website and enjoyed some beautiful pics of their cigar farm in Honduras.

This all Honduran cigar may not be the most elegant thing to look at, but right from the first puff, I was thoroughly impressed.  Lots of spice and flavor, that had some sweetness as well to balance it out.  Barely 1/3rd of the way through some nice oak and cedar flavors began to step up, and stay with the smoke the rest of the way.



The draw was easy, the flavor was so good, if I hadn't just had an Italian Sweet Sausage sandwich with peppers, I'd probably be looking for a nice steak to eat.  I enjoyed it while drinking a Fosters premium ale, and felt each sip made both taste better.

Produced in limited quantities, this choice, even on Cigars International will cost you a little more than your average purchase.  A box of 25 Robusto's will cost about $133, and in my opinion, well worth the price.

On a birthday where gifts included well known Bourbon, Cigars and accessories (so glad my people know me so well!) this little CLE won top honors, and should be part of your humidor as well.

Visit us on FB or on www.customcigarbandrings.com

Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment